This weekend our kitchen sink was very clogged, this was bad. Water everywhere, new pipes were necessary, category 1 domestic disaster. However, the revival of the hippie-esque wooden clog , is very good. Perhaps not the safest of footwear selections, but what they lack in safety they make up for in casual boho chic style.
When I initially began the hunt for my favorite styles I thought I might not be able to find enough clogs for a viable presentation, however as images of wooden heels upon studded leather silhouettes began piling up on my desk top I quickly realized it would be the narrowing down that proved most difficult. So from 37 pairs to just 9, I give you… the (good kind) of clog.
Beginning with the standard closed toe, open back, chunky heel clog…venturing into an open toe, narrower heel…and finally taking the creative plunge in a sandal rendition of the clog. For the most part the classic wooden heel, chunky silhouette, and metal studs are present making this a definite come back of a once retro style.
- Jeffrey Campbell- Charlie black leather, $135
- Miu Miu- dove print satin clogs, $495
- ASOS- leather studded clogs, $145
- Steven by Steve Madden- Durann clogs,$149
- Stuart Weitzman- Sequoia clogs, $375
- Steve Madden- Daynty clogs, $110
- Stuart Weitzman- Apron sandal clogs, $375
- Carvela- Krista clogs, $115
- Miu Miu- studded platform clogs, $490