One trend I never thought would see the light of day (let alone the lights of a runway) ever again was the cargo pocket pant circa 1990s. Don’t get me wrong, I owned my fair share of obnoxiously baggy Abercrombie cargos back in the day but that’s exactly where I thought they would stay, back in the day.
But apparently the pocketed look is back, and with a vengeance, only this time the silhouette is much more manageable and flattering to the body. With skinny and even jegging, check out TopShop’s take, styles adorned with big bulky pockets the look is more feminine-grunge than boyfriend’s closet.
- Alice and Olivia- distressed skinny cargo, $220
- Joseph- linen blend skinny cargo, $425
- J Brand- Houlihan skinny cargo, $390
- Bird by Juicy Couture- sequined pocket cargo, $330
- Balmain- skinny cropped cargo, $2,090
- Notify- Rossolis caro, $265
Go ahead, pick your favorite pocket.