While I have always found earth tones a bit boring when compared with the vibrant contrast of their color wheel counterparts I am slowly warming up to the idea of some rosy additions to my wardrobe. I will admit I favor black over most every other color garment and have a predominantly monochromatic closet to prove it. However, you just can’t get away with such dark-colored ensembles when the weather is above 80.
I have taken notice of the neutral tones bombarding the runway and red-carpet alike and I have to admit that this blushing nude trend is getting the best of me. I am already dreaming up how nicely a peach tulle skirt would pair with a plain white tee and floral headband. Not that I’ve scoped out a spring shopping list or anything.Ok, I have….here are my top picks:
- 3.1 Phillip Lim-light weight cardigan, $225
- 7 For All Mankind-cascade tank, $98
- Forever 21-mesh flower headband, $5
- Yves Saint Laurent-oversized sunglasses, $230
- Gucci by Gucci-eau de toilette, $92
- Topshop-studded crop sweater, $80
- Topshop-stud t bar flat, $55
- Prada-flower ballet flat, $525
- Maxmara-draped dress, $595
- See by Chloe-cotton/twill biker jacket, $650
- Forever 21-clementine wireless bra, $7
Skin is in this season!