It’s officially summer…hooray! Here’s to 100+ degree days and eating ice cream at midnight (normal, right?). In light of all things sunshine and summertime I thought I would pay tribute to some of my favorite things about this contagiously happy season, in no particularly ranked order of course:
1. Sunset run/walk/hikes…my favorite spot is the paths at Vanowen and Sunset Ridge, Santa Monica Mountains area-ish. You can run (well its more of a rocking climbing hike) up to the bat caves and sit on top and look out over the ennntire valley…wow! My extremely dusty dirty Pumas, now deemed official hiking shoes, might argue otherwise….but it really was a perfect end to a rather promising Monday.
2. A viable excuse to eat Pink Berry/ Yogurtland/ (insert your favorite fro-yo here) at pretty much any hour of the day…i.e. 10:45 pm decisions to venture out are acceptable and even encouraged.
3. Waking up at 6 am to an already blazing sun….going to bed in the same sort of wonderfully sweaty-hot conditions. What’s that you say? Turn on the AC? I don’t think so! There’s just something about being warm 24 hours a day that makes me happy.
4. Sundresses. And more sundresses! Nothing is more successful at making me feel comfy and cool than a flirty light-weight sundress on a hot Sunday afternoon…and Nordstrom’s has some pretty sweet deals going on too.
Sweet Lorrani Halter, Free People $108.00
Dreamers Sateen Dress, Free People $138.00
5. Bonfires and beach camping. With the accompaniment of a couple guitars and lots of s’more making!
6. Barbeque anything.
7. Steve Madden flip flops. Well any flip flops really, but judging from my slightly indulgent sandal collection I would say I have a thing for Mr. Madden.
“Boogle” Gladiator, Steve Madden $59.95
8. Tan lines. And just being tan!
9. Farmers markets and alllll the fresh fruit.
10. The necessity for neon pink mani/pedis. Idea: next time you reeeeeaaaallly don’t feel like being at work, go for a quick pedicure on your lunch break! Relaxing and rejuvenating and the best part is…no one has to know. I am currently sporting Essie’s Punchy Pink…
11. Spontaneous road trips. Nothing says summer like deciding last minute that this would be a good weekend to pack a bikini and some sunnies and head to San Diego.
I couldn’t stop at 10, just had to throw one more in for good measure. What’s on your summer lovin’ list??